- Presidential Message
- Pres Release
- Brief History
- Core Values
- 10 Governance Initiatives
- 3 Major Functions
- Academic Programs
- Comparative Enrolment (last 3 years)
- Accreditation Status
- PRC Performance
- Faculty Profile
- Number of Foreign Students Enrolled
- Infrastructure Development
- The Presidents, Satellite Campuses and Colleges
- Management Team
- External Affairs
- Site Map
- Presidential Welcome
- Academic Programs
- Student Organizations
- Academic Affairs
- Student Affairs
- Board Passers
- Foreign Medical Graduate Examination Passers
- Public Accountants
- Social Workers
- Graduates of 2013
- News Room
- Online Services
College of Architecture
This page was updated July 17, 2008.
- AACCUP Accredited for Level 1
- 55.56 Institutional % Passing Rate (51 National % Passing Rate- Manila) in January Licensure Examination, 40 Institutional % Passing Rate (50 National % Passing Rate - Manila) in June Licensure Examination and 33.33 Institutional % Passing Rate (52 National % Passing Rate - Middle East)
- 110 graduates
- 35th Incentive Design Competition, Exhibit and Arkilympics
- Six (6) faculty members on Post Graduate studies
- Eight (8) faculty members awarded as Certified Heritage Conservation Specialist by the UST Center for Continuing Professional Education and Development, Center for Conservation of Cultural Property and Environment in the Tropics/UAP/City Government of Vigan.
- 11 faculty members attended 8 different local/ institutional and 6 different national seminars/workshops/ conferences
- 1 completed research, 4 on-going researches
- 10 community extension services conducted
The College of Architecture is on its 39th year of existence starting out as College of Architecture and Fine Arts way back in 1971. By virtue of Board Resolution no. 420, s. 1971, the College of Architecture and Fine Arts (CAFA) was established in the University of Northern Philippines, becoming the first school of Architecture and Fine Arts in Region I. UNP-CAFA became operational by SY 1972-1973, offering the 4-year degree courses in Bachelor of Science in Architecture (BSArch) and Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), and the 2-year Associate in Architectural Drafting (AAD) and Associate in Commercial Arts (ACA) with Mr. Arturo Rabara as Head of the College. In 1981, two separate Institutes were born out of the College—the Institute of Architecture and Institute of Fine Arts, respectively. The Institute of Architecture (IA) today offered the 5 year bachelor’s degree in Architecture (BS Arch) and the 3 year Associate in Architectural Drafting course (AAD) with Architect Gaudencio Retuta as Director.
The old curriculum was revised in 1978 and the new 5-year Ladder-Type curriculum was implemented in School Year 1979-80 in all schools of Architecture throughout the country. The curriculum granted a Certificate in Architectural Drafting after the completion of the first two years; a Certificate in Building Construction Technician after the third year, and finally, the Diploma in BS Architecture after completion of the course.
Keeping pace and in a deliberate effort to be equal to change, the United Architects of the Philippines (UAP), the duly-accredited professional organization of architects, the DECS and the PRC, the same group which spearheaded the formulation of the new 5-year curriculum, approved curricular refinement. The College implemented the refined curriculum in School Year 1987-88.
In SY 1999-2000, UNP-IA implemented the revised 5-year Ladderized BS Architecture curriculum with the Certificate in Architectural Interiors (CAI) in 4th Year and Diploma in Bachelor of Science in Architecture after completion of the course. The 2-year AAD, later replaced by the 3-year Certificate in Building Technology (CBT) was eventually abolished with the implementation of this curriculum.
On July 1, 2006, the Institute was converted into a College, with Archt. Fatima Rabang—Alonzo as Dean.
In SY 2007-2008, the UNP College of Architecture (UNP –CArch) complied with the CHED memorandum Order No. 61, s. 2006 with the full implementation of the new 5-year ladderized curriculum that grants anew the following: Certificate in Drafting Technology (CDT) in 2nd Year; Certificate in Building Technology and Utilities (CBTU) in 4th Year, 1st Semester; Certificate in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CCADD) in 4th Year, 2nd Semester; and Diploma in Bachelor of Science in Architecture after completion of the course.
The College envisions itself as a catalyst for the development of a socially responsive and humane professional geared towards sustaining a green and comfortably built environment.
Bachelor of Science in Architecture (Ladderized)
Certificate in Architectural Drafting and Design
Certificate Building Technology and Utilities
Certificate in Drafting Technology
Certificate in Landscape Design (Ladderized)
Certificate in Landscape Gardening
Opps some thing went wrong