Business as a science, as an art and as the object of both the intellect and will, is anchored on the philosophical triad: Philosophical Imperatives, Ethics and Social Responsibility.
As a science, business has its body of principles and theories. As an art, business has its policies, strategies and practices. As the object of the intellect and will, the business process leads to an ultimate objective of satisfying human needs which in turn goes further into the objective of enhancing quality of life and quality of society.
Business education provides the foundation of learning about established and accepted principles of business management and strategies; presents the ethical perspective of what business might and ought not to do according to the set of legal and moral standards; and promotes the holistic development of the business students by providing avenues for them to go through the process of professional and personal development by enriching their knowledge, enhancing their skills and reinforcing their values.
Corollary to this, the College of Business Administration and Accountancy of the University of Northern Philippines aims to produce globally competitive professionals in business and allied fields. The students are trained to become competent, dedicated, development oriented, socially responsive and morally upright professionals and community leaders.
-From the Dean
Philosophical imperatives give business a mind, ethics give business a conscience and social responsibility gives business a heart.
-Roberto Lazaro, Ph. D.
- The Bachelor of Science in Hotel & Restaurant Administration Program passed the Level 1 Accreditation Status of the Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges & Universities of the Philippines (AACCUP) last November 13-16, 2012;
- Five among the CBAA Faculty-Prof. Nellie B. Belen, Prof. Juanita Q. Rabena, Prof. Juanito R. Rialubin, Prof. Madelyn R. Rialubin & Prof. Corazon B. Urbis were recipients of Service Awards for 30 Years of Continuous & Very Satisfactory Service and Prof. Ronald A. Alconis was also a recipient of Service Award for 20 Years of Continuous & Very Satisfactory Service during the UNP Foundation Day on October 14, 2012 at the UNP Auditorium, Vigan City;
- Prof. Teresita D. Alon Paper presenter during the 2nd International Academic Colloquium on Oct. 11-13, 2012 at the Converse Convention Center, Legaspi City
- 15th Annual Business Week Festival, Theme: ―Ignite Change! Go Entrepreneurial… Beat the Challenges of Globalization” on September 19, 2012
- In the last Licensure Examination for Certified Public Accountants, October 2012, the university’s passing rate was 91.30% (21 out of 23 examinees). For Batch 2012, there were 22 graduates, 21 of which passed the board with a passing rate of 95.45%. May 2012 the university’s passing rate was 50% (1 out of 2 examinees) the national passing rate was 37.54%
- The Bachelor of Science in Hotel & Restaurant Administration Program passed the Preliminary Survey Visit of the Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges & Universities of the Philippines (AACCUP)- April-24-27, 2012;
CBAA-PTCAA Recognition and Graduation Ball on March 20, 2012
Joyce Ann F. Belen, a BS Hotel & Restaurant Administration 4 student garnered the Most Outstanding Scholar (Silver Medalist) and John Carlo W. Rabang, a BS Accountancy 4 (Bronze Medalist) during the UNP Parangal 2012 on March 19, 2012;
- The Organization of Business Administration Students (OBAS) was adjudged the Most Outstanding Mandated Organization & Best in Creativity Category during the UNP Parangal 2012 on March 19, 2012;
- The Management Accounting Students Association (MASA) was adjudged the Most Outstanding Accredited Organization, Best in Research & Best in Production during the UNP Parangal 2012 on March 19, 2012; Likewise, Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants(JPIA) was adjudged second runner-up, Hotel & Restaurant Administration Students Organization (HRASO) was adjudged third runner-up, Best in Instruction and Best in Extension; and Business Management Association of the Philippines-UNP Chapter (BMAP) was also adjudged fourth runner-up during the UNP Parangal 2012 on March 19, 2012.
- 14th Annual Business Week Festival Theme: “Business Excellence through Empowered Lives, Minds and Leadership skills“ (The CBAA approach) on February 10-15, 2012.
To produce globally competitive and morally upright professionals in Business and other fields.
Objectives.The College aims to:
- a) Provide students with knowledge, practical and leadership skills in public policy and management;
- b) Equip students with advanced research skills; and
- c) Instill the values of participation, accountability, responsiveness, transparency, and integrity.
Doctor of Business Administration
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Human Resource Development Management
Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship
Bachelor of Science in Cooperative Management
Associate in Office Management