Policy Statement. The Center shall promote the institutionalization of gender mainstreaming.
Functions. The Center shall:
- Mainstream gender and development concerns in instruction, research, extension, and production;
- Establish and strengthen mechanisms for the institutionalization of gender mainstreaming;
- Partner with the units of the university in planning and implementing gender-responsive programs, projects, and activities;
- Link and network with local and national government agencies, the academe, and civil society towards gender mainstreaming;
- Serve as the locus of interaction, information, and resources for gender mainstreaming; and
- Perform other related functions as mandated by the University President.