To spearhead and coordinate academic related development programs for the University in relation to its global efforts.
The Center aims to:
- Implement the Blended Education System for Foreign Students (BESFS – Board Resolution Number 19, Series 2012) Program as approved through Board Resolution 74, Series 2013 as its implementing Guidelines
- Explore, initiate and negotiate International Linkages and Partnerships, for academic cooperation and collaborations with schools, universities, institutions and centers through:
- Faculty, staff and student development and exchange programs;
- Joint research and extension activities, lectures, workshops, symposia and seminars;
- Facilitation of in-country work experience for faculty, staff and students in relevant field of studies;
- Exchange of academic materials, scientific publications and other relevant scholarly information on cultural and scientific interests; and
- Other activities for the advancement of global excellence in education, governance, business, technology and health.
The Centre for International Studies shall spearhead and coordinate development programs for the university in relation to its internationalization efforts through the following:
1. The Blended Education System for Foreign Students (BESFS) through its Graduate Education Programs on Governance, Business and Education.
The Centre shall offer under the BESFS program are the Doctor of Public Administration, Doctor of Business Administration and Doctor of Education.
2. International Linkages and Partnership on Educational, Research and Extension Activities including Students and Faculty Development and Exchange Programs
The Centre shall initiate, explore and negotiate international linkages, partnerships and
collaboration with end view of entering into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), along the following programs: (1) Business Administration and Accountancy; (2) Medical and Health Programs; (3) Post-Graduate Programs; (4) Teacher Education; (5) Science and Technology Programs; (6) Arts and Sciences; (7) Criminology, Law and Social Work; and (8) Engineering, Fine Arts and Architecture.
3. Revival and Renewal of Signed International Agreements/Understanding
The revival of the negotiations and exploratory meeting of the internationalization
programs on faculty and students exchange between the University of Northern Philippines and University of Hawaii (Kapi’olani Community College) that was formally forged in 2002 under the Ilocos Sur-Hawaii Exchange Programs supported then by the Government of Ilocos Sur. The internationalization programs extended the partnership and linkages on the language and culture of the Ilocano’s, health and nursing education, business and management, surgical Technology and culinary arts.
In cooperation with the provincial government of Ilocos Sur, the educational exchange programs of the University of Northern Philippines (through the Center for International Relations and Teacher Enhancement then) and the University of Hawaii (Kapi’olani Community College) were undertaken through House Concurrent Resolution no. 48 H.D. 1 in the House of Representatives Twenty-Second Legislature, 2002, State of Hawaii: “Requesting the Governor and the President of the University of Hawaii to Establish Sister-State Educational, Cultural and Economic Exchanges Between the State of Hawaii and the province of Ilocos Sur of the Republic of the Philippines.”
The renewal of the International Cooperation in Education and Cultural Exchange between the University of Northern Philippines and College of Agriculture and Forestry of Thai Nguyen University. The signed Memorandum of Agreement between the University of Northern Philippines and College of Agriculture and Forestry, Thai Nguyen University in October 13, 2011 in the Study Abroad Program lead to the approval of the UNP Board of Regents Modalities pertaining to its implementation the Six Months Intensive English Language Proficiency for Foreign Students. (Eleven Vietnamese students benefited)
4. Technical Assistance on Academic and curriculum Development in ASEAN Other Countries.
The Technical Assistance on Academic and Curriculum Development with Foreign
Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) and State Universities shall be avenues to provide academic and strategic opportunity in sharing the technical expertise of the faculty of the university. The technical transnational package will be designed as interplay of instruction and extension which will include training programs on governance, business an education
5. Internationalization of the Graduate Education Programs on Governance, Business and Education relative to the vertical Articulation Process to continuously sustain the Accreditation Level of the programs.
In the advent of vertical articulation of the different graduate education programs, the Centre through the Blended Education System for Foreign Students under its umbrella shall continuously achieve the Universities Vision as “a pioneering centre of world class excellence for instruction in the humanities, the arts and the sciences, functional scientific, social and technological research; relevant extension services and quality production towards empowerment of graduates for sustainable development.” This could be indicated in the pursuance of Level IV accreditation status for all the graduate education programs.
6. Internationalize of Instruction and Extension Activities in Advanced Higher Education through the Executive Management Training Programs
To attain advocacy of academic excellence in the international education and professional training in the international training on the executive management development relevant to language communication, and organizational development and productivity.
Finally, the Centre for International Studies shall provide technical, consultancy and professional services of the stakeholders in government, business and industry in Southeast Asia in preparation to the 2015 ASEAN Integration:
a) English Language Proficiency on Executive Conversation, Public Speaking Engagement Grammar
b) Executive Research on Management and Organization
c) Executive Training on Statistics
d) Research Interpretation and Analysis
e) Post-Graduate Research Training
f) Linkages and Partnership with the Academe
g) Executive Management Development Training
h) Stakeholders Analysis and Quality Management Research and Statistics
i) Organization Development Research and Analysis
j) Business Development Research and Analysis
k) Public Administration Research and Analysis
l) Educational Administration on English Communication Development
m) Business Administration on English Communication Development
n) Public Administration on English Communication Development
o) Educational Administration on English Communication Development