- Presidential Message
- Pres Release
- Brief History
- Core Values
- 10 Governance Initiatives
- 3 Major Functions
- Academic Programs
- Comparative Enrolment (last 3 years)
- Accreditation Status
- PRC Performance
- Faculty Profile
- Number of Foreign Students Enrolled
- Infrastructure Development
- The Presidents, Satellite Campuses and Colleges
- Management Team
- External Affairs
- Site Map
- Presidential Welcome
- Academic Programs
- Student Organizations
- Academic Affairs
- Student Affairs
- Board Passers
- Foreign Medical Graduate Examination Passers
- Public Accountants
- Social Workers
- Graduates of 2013
- News Room
- Online Services
College of Engineering
This page was updated July 17, 2008.
- AACCUP Accredited for Level 2
- 6th Placer in the September 2012 Geodetic Engineering Board Examination – Engr. Gremhel T. Ramirez
- 26.53 Institutional % Passing Rate (34.07 National % Passing Rate) in May Civil Engineering Board Examination, 30.77Institutional % Passing Rate (41.41National % Passing Rate) in November Civil Engineering Board Examination and 66.67 Institutional % Passing Rate (35.04 National % Passing Rate) in September Geodetic Engineering Board Examination
- Engr. Franklyn Amistad is Outstanding Teacher (College Level) of Vigan City 2012
- 1st UNP Engineering Grand Alumni Homecoming held on April 7-8, 2012
- Three (3) faculty members of the College are Senior Accreditors
- Engr. Nelia Aman passed the accreditation for Full Pledge Professor I
- 16 faculty members attended 7 different local/ institutional and 9 different national seminars/workshops/ conferences
- 30 completed researches and presented in national/international fora/conferences, one(1) published research in the UP Engineering Research & Development Foundation Inc. Journal.
The College of Engineering was established by virtue of Board Resolution No. 26, s. 1966. In many respects the story of engineering is the story of civilization itself. Civilization has been described as the process whereby man strives to overcome the obstacles on his way and become master of his environment. Engineers are constantly at work seeking to understand the laws of the physical universe, to take advantage of the beneficial aspects of nature, and to convert or modify the adverse factors. While overcoming the materials obstacles in man’s path, the engineer also contribute to man’s moral and spiritual welfare by removing some of the causes of want and fear.
Professional engineers are finding new ways to control the forces of nature, raise our standard of living, and build our defenses. The technological developments of the future will come from young people hence, the need for qualified persons.
The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering as a 5 year degree course was sanctioned by Board Resolution No. 644, s. 1973 dated June 16, 1973 affecting the offering of the aforementioned degree course in the school year 1974-1975. Students have come different walks of life and gone with the needed training to cope up with the fast trend of technological advancement. Many have proven to be effective in the fields of civil engineering, some have been and are still efficient mentors of the various educational institutions while others have become successful managers and even contactors. In April 28, 1983, Board Resolution No. 20, s. 1983 made official the offering of Bachelor of Science in Sanitary Engineering, effective School Year 1983-1984. By virtue of the Board Resolution No. 24, s. 1994, Bachelor of Science in Geodetic Engineering was later included in the first offering. The institute gives these services and envisions to strive for more service areas engineering specialization.
Provide quality and relevant education through modernization, accreditation, consultation and academic linkages; enhance research and intensify extension and production through personnel enhancement; improve its production by offering professional and consultancy services, forming its graduate’s productive and efficient citizens in the community.
The College of Engineering was establish by virtue of Board Resolution No. 26, S. 1966 and was then known as the Institute of Engineering. The first curricular offering was Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Sanitary Engineering and Associate in Geodetic Engineering were added to the Course offering by virtue of Board Resolution No. 28 S. 1983.
In 1994, the Associate in Geodetic Engineering was phased out and by virtue of Board Resolution No. 24, S. 1994, the Bachelor of Science in Geodetic Engineering was added to the coarse offering of the college.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Geodetic Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Sanitary Engineering
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
- To produce competent civil engineers nurtured with intellectual, technical, and practical excellence.
- To produce competitive managers in the design and construction of engineering projects.
- To train and develop research – oriented civil engineering students to become self – reliant, innovative and globally competitive.
- To inculcate among civil engineering students the values of the sense of responsibility, honesty, hardwork and commitment.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN GEODETIC ENGINEERINGTo offer quality and globally competitive geodetic
- engineering course through the continuous modernization of surveying equipment and facilities.
- To prepare geodetic engineering students with scientific and systematic principles and specialized training in geodetic engineering.
- To prepare geodetic engineering students with technical, theoretical and practical experience in digital mapping, remote sensing, satellite positioning and spatial data handling.
- To inculcate among geodetic engineering students the values of sense of responsibility, honesty, hardwork and commitment.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN SANITARY ENGINEERING
- To prepare students with appropriate and adequate theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in the field of environmental and sanitary engineering.
- To equip students with the basic foundation in conducting surveys, managerial and entrepreneurial knowledge in sanitary and environmental engineering.
Opps some thing went wrong