Goals of the Laboratory Schools
As a highly competitive institution producing graduates equipped with the 21ST century knowledge, skills and attitudes who are capable for elementary, secondary and tertiary quality education for academic empowerment, successful career and gainful employment in a rapidly changing and increasing globalized environment; and
As a training venue for Bachelor of Secondary, Bachelor of Elementary Education and Bachelor of Science in Industrial Education students enrolled in the College of Teacher Education.
Objectives of the Laboratory Schools
Pursuant to Article XIV, Sec. 2 of the Philippine Constitution and the Republic Act No. 10533, the Laboratory Schools, specifically the:
A) Pre-school Program
- helps the learners understand themselves better and develop as individuals;
- guides the children to be responsible and proud of themselves and their family;
- helps the children understand how they can socialize with other learners, teachers, school personnel and other members of the school; and
- assists pupils understand various concepts, ideas, practices, situations and responsibilities that would make them useful members of the community.
B) Grade School Program
- develops mastery of the learners in the desired learning competencies in all the subjects: English, Filipino, Math, Science, Araling Panlipunan, Edukasyong Pantahanan at Pangkabuhayan, and Edukasyong Pagpapakatao;
- improves the learners competencies through multilingual, oral and written communications, namely: Mother Tongue, Filipino and English; and
- inculcates among pupils the values of honesty, courtesy, helpfulness, obedience, God-fearing, self-reliance, industry, cleanliness and orderliness for them to become useful and responsive members of the family, school and community.
C) High School Program
- enhances learners’ critical thinking, logical reasoning, creativity, appreciation of one’s culture, research skills, communication skills, responsibility, productivity, environment consciousness and with their perspective of the global village;
- develops specific skills and processes of the learners such as: in knowing and understanding, estimating, computing and solving, visualizing and modelling, representing and communicating, conjecturing, reasoning, probing, decision-making and applying and connecting;
- increases scientific literacy among learners towards application of scientific knowledge that will have social, health, and environment impact through learner-centered and inquiry based, emphasizing the use of evidence in constructing explanations in which concepts and skills Life Sciences, Physics, Chemistry, and Earth Sciences are presented with increasing in levels of complexity in every grade, paving the way for deeper understanding of key concepts;
- hones the learners’ capacity to make moral, ethical and responsible decisions and actions for the common good, with five macro skills: understanding, reflecting, consulting, decision-making and performing/acting;
- develops learners’ artistic expression, cultural literacy, skills in reading/analyzing, listening/observing, performing arts and empower them through active involvement and participation to effectively correlate music and arts to the development of their own cultural identity and expand their vision of the world;
- develops students’ fitness, health and wellness and promote the development of a participative and active body, learning to use the body in moving efficiently and effectively in a given space, time, effort and assurance of quality movement;
- promotes students’ good nutrition, prevention and control of diseases and injuries with the end in view of maintaining and improving lifelong personal wellness, family, community and environmental health ; and
- equips in the students with the knowledge and information, skills and processes, right work values and life skills in the field of Home economics, Industrial Arts, Agriculture, and Information Communication in which entrepreneurship is integrated in all the areas.