Manner of Appointment. The Office shall be headed by the Vice President for Research and Extension (VPRE) designated by the President and confirmed by the Board of Regents.
Functions. The Office shall assist the President in setting the over-all direction of the University in research and extension.
More specifically, the Office shall:
- Plan, recommend, spearhead, implement, coordinate, supervise, and assess research and extension activities towards the growth and development;
- Plan, promote and carry out working relations and linkages with appropriate government agencies, non-government organizations, funding agencies and other foreign institutions;
- Co-chairs the University Research and Extension Council (URECO); and
- Coordinate with other offices; and
- Perform other related functions directed by the President.