Attention: CHED Scholars under the K to 12 Transition Program
The University of Northern Philippines, College of Public Administration is the accredited and authorized Delivering Higher Education Institution (DHEI) of DOCTOR OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM for Northern Luzon under the K TO 12 TRANSITION PERIOD.
The Doctor of Public Administration program has been awarded LEVEL IV RE-ACCREDITED Status by the Accrediting Agency Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines (AACCUP), Inc. effective April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2020.
The DPA program aims to develop effective leaders in government and non-government organizations and to stimulate knowledge production and management.
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES of the DPA program:
- Provide students with knowledge, practical and leadership skills in public policy and management;
- b) Equip students with advanced research skills; and
- c) Instill the values of participation, accountability, responsiveness, transparency and integrity.
After completing the course, the students should be able to:
- Analyze development needs and propose policies and programs for development;
- Formulate critical discourse and articulate their stand on current issues;
- Engage in policy analysis, formulation and advocacy work towards good governance;
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills and best practise in administration.
Foundation Subjects (6 units) Units
RS 399a Statistics with Computer Application 3
RS 399b Research Methods in Public Administration 3
Major Subjects (30 units)
DPA 301 Theories of Administrative Systems 3
DPA 302 Philippine Administrative System 3
DPA 303 Seminar on the Admin. Implications of Development Models 3
DPA 304 Seminar on the Administration of Political Development 3
DPA 305 Seminar on the Administration of Economic Development 3
DPA 306 Seminar on the Administration of Social Development 3
DPA 308 Comparative Development Administration 3
DPA 309 Comparative Local Politics Administration 3
DPA 311 Seminar on Local Government, Regional Development and Rural Affairs 3
DPA 314.1 Methods of Policy Analysis I 3
Cognate Subjects (6 units)
DPA 314.2 Methods of Policy Analysis II 3
DPA 310 Public Administration and Social Change 3
DPA 313 Management Information Systems in Public Administration 3
NOTE: Any major subject for Ed. D. and DBA programs that is relevant to the
students’ field/profession 3
RS 399c Dissertation Writing 12
- Official Transcript of Records (OTR)
- Computed Average (not lower than 2.0)
- Personal Interview
- ID Picture (3 pcs 2”x2” and 3 pcs 1”x1”)
- Approved Acceptance Slip
- Permit to Study (if employed)
- 1 pc. Long Brown Envelope
FACULTY OF THE DOCTOR OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM
Ferdinand J. Lamarca, MPA, DPA
Marie Rose Q. Rabang, MPA, DPA
Agustin B. Guinid, MPA, DPA
Joselito D. De la Rosa, MPA, DPA
Affiliate Faculty/Cognate Subjects
Gilbert R. Arce, MATEng, Ed. D.
Generoso Gudelio P.Pajarillo, MBA, Ph. D. major in Commerce
Christopher F. Bueno, MPA, Ph. D. in Educational Management
Adelina R. Rapanut, MATEng, Ed. D.
Fatima Rocamora, MPA, Ed. D.
Jimmy Soria, MAEd, Ed. D.
Tirzo Tactay, MAME, Ed. D.
- Airconditioned Rooms
- Public Administration Resource Center
- Graduate Studies Library with Internet Services
- Graduate Studies Conference Room
- Data and Statistical Services Office
- LCD projectors
For inquiries, contact Dr. Marie Rose Q. Rabang, Dean of the College of Public Administration at Cel. No. 09178613601 or E-mail us at email@example.com
Download the E-Copy Here