The Library Services Office has the following objectives:
- Provide relevant, authoritative, user friendly, and well-maintained information sources that support instruction and research through manual, computer aided, and IT – based systems.
- Provide access to knowledge, promote scholarly communication, and provide information to academic community in support to research and instructional programs.
- Maintain a close working relationship with other libraries, community agencies/organizations that fosters cooperation, making efficient and effective use of the library resources.
- Preserve and develop cultural and antiquarian heritage of the community
MONDAYS – FRIDAYS 7:30 a.m- 6:00 p.m and SATURDAYS 8:00 a.m-5:00 pm
Sundays & Holidays: Closed; No lunch breaks
Library General Rules
- UNP students with properly validated library card shall be allowed to borrow information sources.
- Silence must be strictly observed
- Littering, eating, and sleeping are prohibited in the library.
- All library users are subject to control procedures at the control area.
- Library services are suspended two (2) weeks before the final examination (for the clearance signing).
- Reserved books are read only in the library for a period of one hour. Extension of additional hour is granted if the book is not needed by another user.
- Students may borrow three (3) books at a time, UNP faculty are allowed to borrow three (3) books as reference for the subject they teach. UNP employees whether on a casual or part time basis are allowed to borrow two (2) books at a time.
- Books borrowed for overnight use are charged at 3:00 pm and shall be returned the following school day. The cut -off time for returning is at 12 noon. Photocopying information sources outside premises is within 10-15 minutes only. A fine of Php 1.00 per hour on books not returned at 12 noon and also Php 1.00 per hour is on books not returned after 15 minutes for photocopying. Fines must be paid at the Cashier’s Office.
- Books damaged/ lost must be replaced or paid on its current price plus 10% for technical preparation.
- Simultaneous borrowing from two (2) or more libraries is not allowed. The readers should borrow from one library at a time.
- Designated in-charge for College / Unit Resource Centers / Mini Libraries shall be responsible for the smooth operation of their assigned area. In- Charge shall also countersign clearances of students and faculty members before the Head for Library Services will sign.
- General reference materials are read only in the library and they cannot be brought out for home use. These include encyclopedias, atlases, manuals, handbooks, yearbooks, dictionaries, almanacs, directories, theses/dissertations/research proposals, newspapers/magazines/journals, and vertical files e.g. clippings, pamphlets.
- The E- Library in the University Library is open for free internet and encoding services to students.
GRADUATE SCHOOL LIBRARY
COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND ACCOUNTANCY
COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
COLLEGE OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
COLLEGE OF HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
COLLEGE OF NURSING
COLLEGE OF HEALTH AND SCIENCES
COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
COLLEGE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE EDUCATION
COLLEGE OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
COLLEGE OF FINE ARTS
COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
COLLEGE OF TEACHER EDUCATION
COLLEGE OF LAW
COLLEGE OF SOCIAL WORK